So I don't remember if I mentioned that our buyers were wanting to close quickly and get into our house, as soon as possible. We took care of everything on our end quickly and were ready and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...and still waiting. Our initial closing deadline was last Wednesday. We closed, but they couldn't yet so we gave them an extension until Oct.2. They didn't know until the 25th that their loan wasn't ready b/c of the appraisal. Apparently the appraisers were dumb, because even though we gave them the addresses of the 3 other townhomes of our same size and neighborhood, that all had gone under contract in2-3 weeks and sold this summer, they were only able to come up with one comparable sale. That comp is 3 miles away, and comps need to be within a mile of the house being appraised (and to have sold in the last 6 months). So the appraisal had to be reviewed.
So this is the 3rd weekend where we've been hoping that we will be moving in a few days. Please keep us in your prayers.
3 comments:
Sorry this move has not gone smoothly. We'll keep you in our prayers.
It's so hard to be up in the air like that! You have to be ready to go but the the go just doesn't come! Arg, I'm sorry and I will be praying for you.
Limbo sucks! I hope everything gets straightened out quickly.
On a related note, you took the real estate exam? Tell us more!
Post a Comment