Today {Monday the 22) is Nagol's 5th birthday. I've talked with him a number of times about his party for this year, and he just wants to do the same things again that we have done for the past 2 years.
- Run around shooting squirt guns at each other (even though he HATES getting water in his face)
- Hunt for dinosaur eggs
- Eat cupcakes
- All of this at the same park that we've gone to the past 2yrs.
I think it will still be a blast!
If you didn't know, Nagol is a movie quoter, and especially loves to say things that will make others laugh (whether it is a quote or not). He frequently says, "Mommy, is this funny, ________________(insert movie quote, crazy actions, gibberish, or a combo of the last 2)?
One afternoon I took Kalel up to his bed for his nap and when I came back downstairs, Nagol said suggestively, "So... where were we?" I just busted up laughing! Nagol: "What? That's what Shrek says?!" Me: "Yep, that's what he says." Nagol then proceeds to repeat it a few more times as we continue to laugh.
From Ice Age, he like to quote Sid and tell others, "You have beudiful eiyez."
Racing and being the fastest is also a very important thing to Nagol. One day I raced him to the bathroom to wash hands and when I got there first with a couple of seconds to spare, I turned around, leaned against the wall, tapped my foot, and when he entered said, "What took you so long?" He was a little confused by that so I explained to him what it meant and that it was a joke. Later that night when it was time to go to bed, he raced to his room and jumped on his bed. When I walked in, he said, "What took you so long?" I was shocked and busted up laughing again. He is such a fast learner!
Nagol is great big brother. Semaj taught him recently how to pick up and move Kalel which Nagol now does whenever Kalel is getting into stuff or a place where he shouldn't be. Nagol loves to make Kalel smile and laugh, and Kalel loves to smile and laugh at Nagol. Whenever we are out and about, Nagol is quick to tell people Kalel's name and the things he can do.
We sure do love our sweet, special Nagol!
4 comments:
Happy birthday, funny man! I sure wish we lived closer so that we could come to your squirt gun/egg hunt/cupcake party. It sounds like a lot of fun, and I know Sam would love it!
Thanks for the post, Lioness!
Happy Birthday Nagol! Sure sounds like a fun party! Love you!
He is such a sweet kid! We sure do love teaching him in CTR 5.
Post a Comment