Two summers ago, after my first full year of teaching, I bought a car since I was receiving biggest paychecks of my life. Plus since I was graduated from college and had a good stable job, I figured that I didn't need to use mom and dad's car anymore.
The next summer (last summer), feeling more accomplished with a second completed school year under my belt, I felt the need to obtain and purchase my own home. Which I did. And it has been really fun having it and sharing it with Javich and Daisy. At the end of last summer after getting my house, I thought to myself, "I'm doing good! I've got a car and a house! What should I do next summer? Well, getting a husband would be a very good next step, but HA! what are the chances of THAT happening!?!" Lo and behold, it happened, I caught one! And the best one too!


Considering how close our family is, it has always been important to me that my siblings and whomever I marry get along. So I was very happy that Javich and Daisy could be and were good friends with Semaj when we started dating. Semaj will fit perfectly into the family since he is also a member of the "absolutely amazing people who don't realize that are amazing" club along with the rest of you!
Oh, and if you haven't heard, my favorite part of the proposal was when he teased me. He was putting the ring on my finger, but paused right when he had it over the tip of my finger. He then asked, "Are you sure about this? How much do you really want this?" I felt that a physical response would be better than a verbal one, so I quickly shoved my finger the rest of the way through the ring. So there it is!
I hope that you all can make it, but I also understand if you can't since it is only 7.5weeks away!
P.S. Semaj does not still have a goatee.
7 comments:
glad to see some pictures! (I was almost ready to post some of the ones that you'd put on my computer desktop) ;) Congrats. And you guys do make an incredible group. Very cute.
Congratulations Caroline! Semaj is awesome, as is his Nazghul. I'm realy happy for you guys and just smile thinking about you together. Thanks for being such a great person. Your whole family rocks (and Semaj definitely belongs amongst 'em)
Thanks for posting all the pics. You and semaj look like a very cute and happy couple. I also like the Daddy and me pic a lot. (I am glad to hear the goatee crawled away.) So, now it's Aug. 12? Good thing I didn't buy those plane tickets for Sept. But I already have tickets for July. Any chance you might bump it up to July 22, 24 or 25? Is this change of plans seriously about sheep in Cedar?
Yes, Ree, the change is seriously about sheep in Cedar (Semaj's parents are ranchers).
Those pics are awesome, Carolioness! I'm glad you are able to check off your goal for this summer :)
We'll be happy to see anyone in August who can come!
Yeah. . . so next summer's goal could be a baby. . . .
Really, Mark and I want you to move up that wedding date a few more weeks too--like how about sometime between July 13th and the 22nd? Why don't you just elope and we'll all be there. It's a lot cheaper that way and it's fun! But mostly, a great big "congratulations" from us. We're so happy for you!
It's so fun to hear the stories of engaged folks meeting/courting, since we didn't have any chance to witness it happening. So I'm grateful for Javich's and Daisy's background fill-in material. But we/I could always use more!! Will both Lions be there at reunion to be peppered with questions?
Congrats from me, also. I am very happy for you. What a goal setter you are, and you do very well in obtaining each of them. It seems that you have great problem solving skills as well. No longer is there a problem of finding new room mates. Great solution. And the little problem of noises in the night and being too afraid to move or find the source; someone will be there to encourage you, and stand behind you while you look for the source(in case the noises happen again).
Again, Congratulations, wish I could be there. Love to both of you, Aunt B.Boop
Post a Comment